Computers not starting?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cynhitz

I have two different computers that I am having similar problems with.
Computer #1
Computer sometimes boots normally and sometimes lights are on, no sound, no video, nothing. Turn power off unplug main power cable, replug it in and it boots up with no problem......I'm at a loss on this one. It is a brand new system.

Computer #2
Computer was working fine then in the past couple of days started rebooting sporadically...now press the power button and it stays on approx. 3 secs then shuts down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Both systems have working power supplys and cpu fans.....don't know where to start.

They both sound like faulty power supplys. You could try checking the tamps all over the inside of the computer.

dai

the first one sounds like faulty p/supply
the second one could be the same, but check your cpu is seated properly.
do you get any beeps on startup telling you what is wrong

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Actually the second one could be 'temps' I think that is what the poster above meant, especially since it keeps shutting down. Check the fan ontop of the cpu.

Definately sounds like power supply, I just went through a run similar of 4 power supplies, all were Okie 420 watt.

Okies are a varient of 5~10 other brand names of el-cheapo PSUs. When a PSU is a 420watt and costs under $45, you can bet its a "super Power" "TurboLink" "power Max" etc... these are actually 185watts PSUs.

Hence... high failure rates and have become rather POPULAR lately, it seems... :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online