1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computing 101

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bigh47, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigh47

bigh47 Thread Starter

Is there a site/publication that explains in simple terms about things like what does Registry do? what should you have in start up? etc. I see and receive help from all you clever people but I feel
    that although what you say is good I don't fully understand what I am doing with said information. This has probably been covered before, but I am reasonably new here.
    Gosh that sounds pretty dumba** "well nothing new there then"
    those that know me are saying.

Thanks anyway

Howard :D :D

2. Monk_

Monk_

www.computerhope.com has a pretty good and thorough dictionary of terms, what they mean and how they apply as well as info on operating systems.

3. Gnosisless

Gnosisless

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

5. bigh47

bigh47 Thread Starter

Thanks guys

I think I asked the wrong question in a way but the links were useful. It would seem that DojceJ had the answer by sticking here. I'll just continue to ask for a fuller explanation to responses.
    Hopefully along the way I can cram some knowledge in my gray stuff, mind you these days it seems to keep falling out(the knowledge that is). Maybe some will stick!!!

Cheers

Howard :) :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice