Computing Daily Hours Worked in Excel 97

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herbie

I am using Excel 97, and would like to know how I can total payroll hours daily, for my employees. Each day they punch in in the morning then out for lunch....then again punch in after lunch and finally out at the end of the day.... as you can tell I am not very good in Excel. Any help will be appreciated... thanks,,,,, Herbie

Assuming you have headers in A1:E1 (StartAM, EndAM, StartPM, EndPM, Hours), then use this formula in E2 -

=(B2-A2)+(D2-C2)

Of course, you could just as easily use

=(D2-A2)-(C2-B2)

ie: subtract end time from start time then take out the lunch time.

If at some stage you get results that exceed 24 hours (eg: weekly total), you'll need to use a custom format. Format -- Cells -- Number, Category = Custom, Type = [h]:mm.

This assumes you're working with "office hours" ; if you need other options, post back.

Rgds,
Andy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online