computor running two many program at one time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OLD^_^MAN

i think my computor is running two many programs at the same time how do i cure this problem .

tony007

Banned
Well if its at startup goto start run type in msconfig click on the startup tab and uncheck the applications which you do not want to run at start up. I myself have none running at start up. If ther are to many running later on press ctrl alt delete and remove them from the task manager.

I have found no more user-friendly startup control program than free WinPatrol: http://www.winpatrol.com/

Once installed, right click the little dog in the notification Area (System tray by the clock) and choose "Startup info." WinPatrol will show a list of everything that is set to start with Windows.

To stop something from autostarting, simply left click the entry once to highlight it, and then press the "Disable" button at the lower right. The program will still start and run fine from its shortcut or the start menu, and anytime you want, simply left click the entry again, and the button will turn into "Enable." Easy to reset to autostart,

WinPatrol will not offer to stop anything that is vital to your system, so you can feel free to experiment with stopping things.

For much more information about controlling your processes, take a look at my Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/ I have included web addresses of useful tools and informational sites. The 'links' are not clickable. Copy and paste the URLs to your browser address bar to visit the referenced pages. No ads, no spyware, nothing to buy or donate, just info.

The best cure is to remove programs. Simply stopping a startup process from running is not a very good long term solution. Go to control panel >> add/remove programs, then scroll through them and remove programs you don't need. If there are programs that you would like to run everyonce in a while, but do not need taskbar access to then they will almost always provide the user the option to disable auto start with Windows. If you feel that all the programs installed are neccesary then consider upgrading your memory, it's a simple process and it's usually quite cheap.

Also, I suggest installing and running both spybot S&D and Lavasoft Ad-aware, because malware can have tremendous affects on performance.

rka0

Banned
Hi OLD^_^MAN. I know the daunting feeling when faced with an array of programs and not being sure what to keep and what to remove, before deciding on what to remove run this utility and follow the simple instructions/symbols and stop them running from there. If you experience any problems it is completely reversible you can then follow up with any deletion.
http://www.windowsstartup.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online