1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Concerning ip address and safety

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ICMB, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICMB

ICMB Thread Starter

Almost all websites or forum I visit can track my ip address and know who I am, which bothers me. Not becuase I've done anything wrong, but just becuase it worries me and im wondering if theres an effective way to stay hidden.

Any ideas? This is really bothering me, becuase I don't like to be tracked everywhere I go, and I especially hate it since forums and websites have my ip and know who I am. It makes me feel very unsafe.

Thanks guys. :)

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. ICMB

ICMB Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I don't know if it's just me, but those seem very confusing to me and complicated, and yes I have tried all 3 just now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!