Solved Condenser mic setup to PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rapperjo

So I just bought this condenser mic online. Have no prior experience when it comes to mic setups. The mic comes with a cable that has XLR socket that connects to the mic and a 3.5 mm head. Usually condenser mic comes with cables that have both XLR socket and XLR Plug because it is used to plug into a mixer/ phantom power. When I plug in the cable to my PC and try to test the mic, the mic doesn't pick up anything. I've searched online and it says it needs a Phantom Power Supply. But I'm confused because mics that needs Phantom Power Supply does not have a 3.5 mm cable. So I'm confused if I need a phantom power supply or is it just my PC side of the problem. Please advice.

managed

Allan
Checking online you will need Phantom power supply for that microphone :-

rapperjo

Ok I will buy a phantom power supply and try it out. Thanks for the reply

managed

Allan
You're welcome. Please let us k now if using the mic. with the power supply worked.

managed

Allan
You're welcome. :)

I'm glad the phantom power supply did the trick. :UP:

(Please click on [Mark Solved] at the top left of this web-page if/when you are sure it is)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online