1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conditional Formating Formula Help Excel 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Ratherbefishing, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratherbefishing

Ratherbefishing Thread Starter

Hi,

This is my second post. I have Excel 2010 and I am working with a spreadsheet for lab data that has approximately 20 tabs and each tab has 1 to 8 columns of data that represents lab results. Each column has a different heading such as Calcium, Protein, Sodium, Fat, etc. In each column is a list of data.

I am asking for help with the following:

I need to mark any data point (by underlining) that is more than 2 standard deviations from the mean. Each column has different values and criteria listed in it. Is there a way to copy and paste the conditional formating function from one column to another column much like I can copy and paste the normal calculations or statistical calculations? I am hoping that I do not have to manually run the conditional formating feature manually for each column on each spreadsheet tab.

Thank you for your help.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you tried
    copy
    Paste Special
    Formats

It should copy the conditional format - if setup correctly

what happens when you try that

Can you upload a sample spreadsheet with dummy data

3. Ratherbefishing

Ratherbefishing Thread Starter

Thanks. I have uploaded an example spreadsheet with two tabs. Each week I produce a rolling 8 week report with 3 to 10 tabs of data in formats similar to the ones shown in the example. I used conditional formatting to underline the results that are more than 2 std. dev., from the mean.

I would like to be able copy and paste the conditional formating (or a formula that will do the same) to other columns and spreadsheets much as you can do with formulas. I have not found a way to copy and paste conditional formating since each column has different criteria for the conditional formatting.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!