1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conditional formatting and tool tip in word 2007

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ruhi20Sharma, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ruhi20Sharma

Ruhi20Sharma Thread Starter

Hello Everyone
    I'm working on a Word 2007 form, and I'm trying to figure out something related to conditional formatting and tool tip. The form I am working on has, of course, a number of form fields and controls. However, there is also a section of the document that has table.I need to add drop down in two cells of the table which contain some numeric value. Then I need to display the multiplication result of previous two cells into the third cell of the column. Based the numerical value of the third cell, I need to change its color and tool tip text.
    For example-- Suppose in a table I have three columns a,b,c . I have to add drop down containing numerical values in the columns a & b,then I need column c to auto populate value =(Numerical value selected in column a)*(numerical value selected in column b).On the basis of value of column c ,its color and tool tip text needs to be changed. Example : if value of column c is 2--color should be "Green" and tool tip should be"It Is 2" and if value of column c is 3--color should be red and tool tip should be "It is 3"
    Is there any way to accomplish what I'm looking for?
    Thanks in advance !
    Ruhi Sharma

2. pip22

pip22

3. Ruhi20Sharma

Ruhi20Sharma Thread Starter

Thanks for guiding me.....
    Anyways do u know the solution of my problem .I need it very urgently

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice