Conditional Formatting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bayman57

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I hope I am in the right place.
I am using excel to run my footy (rugby league in Australia!) tipping competition, and I need to add color to certain cells based on 2 conditions in different parts of the sheet.
I have attached a pic of the page with comments, I hope you understand what I want to do.
I don't really know a lot about excel, just enough to get into trouble! but it makes life a bit easier running my little competition.
Thanks

Attachments

valis

howdy and welcome. Can you upload a sample sheet, or, if there is no personal info on the spreadsheet, the actual one?

bayman57

howdy and welcome. Can you upload a sample sheet, or, if there is no personal info on the spreadsheet, the actual one?
Hi Valis,
I uploaded a pic of the sheet,I just thought it was easier to do this. but if that's no good, then I will upload the full spreadsheet.

valis

with the full sheet we can see where the dependencies lay. Generally conditional formatting isn't that difficult, but we'll see.

bayman57

ok here it is, it's a bit messy but it works for me.
Round 5 is a good example of the problem.
thanks

Attachments

bayman57

Oh, well that is a bit messy. u12 should be w12.
So I want both conditions to be true to color the cell.

CF has changed since round 4 in row 12, where previously the reference was $A4 rather than $A12

Is that the only problem

Pedro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online