1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conditional formula Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by anashq11, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anashq11

anashq11 Thread Starter

If column F equals "yes" and column H equals "Double" then I want the formula to count as 2 not 1. please see doc attached.

Attached Files:

2. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

You have pretty much got it.

If there is a chance that the is a "No" and a "Double", and you don't want to count it as 1, then use this array formula.

=SUM(IF(E2:E20="Yes",IF(H2:H20="Double",2,1),0))
    Use Ctrl+Shft+Enter after keying in the formula. This will add a curly brace to it.

3. anashq11

anashq11 Thread Starter

I already have the code if column E is "yes" and column H is "double". I just used this code for showed: =COUNTIF(E1:E471,"Yes") + COUNTIF(H2:H20,"Double")

I'm getting a error for the sold section. IF column F is "yes" and column H is "double" then I want to add +2. I don't want to add +2 in the sold section if Column F equals "No"

4. lalacxb

lalacxb

Garf13LD's good answer.in formula, E need change to F for sold.
    Maybe you can judge IF column F is "yes" and column H is "double" in column I, if true, you can use formula : =COUNTIF(E1:E471,"Yes") + COUNTIF(I2:I471,"True")

5. anashq11

anashq11 Thread Starter

That way can be done but the employees here will have to input more info. There are columns with "Yes" but no "Double". Is there way I can input column F equals 1 and column H equals 1? therefore +2 will add up to the sold section.

6. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

how about.... =COUNTIFS(E2:E19,"yes",H2:H19,"Double")

7. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Forgot to include this - I put the formula in H21, and Changed E4 to NO to verify the count. Is this what you are looking for?

Attached Files:

8. anashq11

anashq11 Thread Starter

No. The showed number should be 21. 16 + 5 Double. The sold number should be 9. 6 + 3 Double.

There are some sold that have "yes" but no double, so it should +1.

9. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

OK. I think I see what I did not understand in the question before. This formula:
    =COUNTIFS(E2:E19,"yes",H2:H19,"Double")+ COUNTIF(E2:E19,"yes")
    counts if you have a Yes AND a Double, then adds in all the original Yes, for your total of 21.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice