Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conditional Hiding Rows based on a cell value selected from a "data validation" list

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  archie00 
#1 ·
Hi.

I'm a beginner when it comes to VB Script and so I am struggling to work this out. I basically have a worksheet that contains information about different staff members. The sheet is set up so that column A (from row 8 on) is their name and columns B to L (also from row 8 on) are other staff attributes. Due to several reasons, there is more than one listing for each staff member (up to 40). The database is supposed to be there so that any staff member can come in and look up their information (or that of any other staff member). However, with so many listings and so many staff members, it becomes an unmanageable database. I could just create filters so that staff members could simply filter out other employees; however, this would create issues. Instead, I have created a cell above the table (say C2) where staff members can enter their name via means of a data validation list (which is linked to a list of staff members on another sheet). I would then like all rows in the table to hide except for those where the name in column A = C2.

I have searched this on the net and I keep seeing similar responses that all say it's hard when there is data validation / formulas involved. Is there a way this can be done?

Cheers

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.