conecting outlook exprees files to outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sssshhhh

Hi
I converted from outlok express on my old win98 machine to a new windows xp computer. I have coppied all the dbx files from my old edition of outlook express.

But for the life of me, I cannot find how to put them (the .dbx filles) into my new edition of outlook express

thanks
sssshhhh

Bill
WAB files are the Address book files and the DBX are the resident E-Mails.

Sssshhhh
It is not that simple to as copying dbx file from one to another because registry files and locations become important.

Here is a Site that will help you understand and set the files in the right spot. Pay particular attention to the complete backup section.

Let us know if that helps.

Dave

sssshhhh

thanks guys
I have managed it now and can access all the stuff i have wanted to.

thanks for your knowledge.

sssshhhh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online