1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

config sys files + Autoexecute bat files not under the msconfig utlility

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Ronnie thomp, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie thomp

Ronnie thomp Thread Starter

see the msconfig utlility my config. sys files not there and the Autoexecute.bat files not there either why is this any help most appreciated but at the sametime all my programs is working perfectly

2. brindle

brindle

you mean they are not checked? neither one is needed from 98 on

3. SexyTech

SexyTech

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

If you're using WinME, you won't see them in MSCONFIG.

You'll have to manually rename or delete them if you're having any problems.

If I load a Win9x system, once everything is loaded, I usually delete them anyway...since Windows doesn't need them!

Hope this clears things up!

ST

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice