1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

configuration information in the registry

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by incognito2384, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito2384

incognito2384 Thread Starter

My operating system is windows xp. I have been using an external dvd player for at least 8 or 9 months. A few days ago, I attempted to burn a dvd, but it would not indicate a source drive to me nor would it highlight copy. I felt that something was wrong with it and decided that I would burn some music instead. Windows media player also would not rip the cd. A window popped up indicating that it did not recognize that the computer has a drive for ripping and burning cds.

This prompts me to go back to my external dvd player. I uninstall it, and attempt to reinstall it. I get a code 19-configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. I searched online and went to fixbyweb. I explain the situation. They sent me a supposed fix, but things are the same. I was told by fixbyweb, to go to system restore and restore the computer to a time before I uninstalled the DVD burner. But for each restore point that I went to, there were no changes to my computer. I went to all restore points that were available :confused: And the fix still did not work:mad:, so I am out $39.99.

So if there is a remedy, would you PLEASE, PLEASE help me fix this situation? I have spent money twice in 2 days time trying to fix this, and I'll be a pauper and still will have the same problem. And I will have to write down what you tell me, cause I don't have any ink for the printer, cause thats too expensive too. Thanks in advance.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try deleting the registry keys that are mentioned in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008

Note that after you do this you may have to reinstall your CD\DVD burning software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice