1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configure Dialup Server on WinME

Discussion in 'Networking' started by latme, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latme

latme Thread Starter

Hi!

I am setting up a connection between my pc and my sister's using dailup connection. I configured my pc as the dialup server. But when my sister's pc(running on winXP) establishes connection, it always ask for the username and password which I do not know how to configure on the dialup server.

I have read an article on the internet about it saying that to configure a dialup server it must have the following network components:

*client for Microsoft Networks
    *Dial-Up Adapter
    *A network protocol that is common to both computers

I have enabled also the File and Printer Sharing. But still I was not able to establish connection.

Any idea? Please help me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!