1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configure GMail to 'Send As' another email address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Simes, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simes

Simes Thread Starter

While this is a duplicate, rest assured, I have Not solved it and should remain open until.

I have also asked another programmer with a GMail account, and he too has the same problems. He can't see how to Send As. The Help forums and the screen shots differ to that which is currently in the GMail functionality.

As a sister thread to another thread here, I am having problems configuring GMail to appear as though my emails come from a POP-only email address.

Not something that has Ever caused me problems with other SMTP providers in the past, and even more infuriating since the web seems to be full of advice as to how to easily do this.

The problem is, all other threads, and GMail threads as well, instruct to do this in a way that the Settings page no longer allows.

In essence, I need to Send As, as well as Reply To my Red Sea email address. The instructions on the Help pages all seem straight forward. But, when going into the Settings>Accounts and Import>Send Email as>Add another email address, contrary to the Help, it now asks me to input the SMTP settings for this Red Sea address...!

All the Help pages make no reference to this. The Forums say all I need to do is click Send Verification, presumably to confirm my Send As address. Consequently, I cannot get past this page. If I had the SMTP addresses, there would be no need to Send As. I would just Send.

Can anyone help here? I have added a screen shot to show what I am faced with.

2. Simes

Simes Thread Starter

Uploaded now.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice