1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configure LAN on Firefox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Katylar, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katylar

Katylar Thread Starter

Hi. My workstation at work has Internet Explorer 6 installed as it's default browser- however, I really, really want to shift to firefox. I've talked to my immediate supervisor and he's given me the thumbs up to install and use the new browser, however, we both don't know how to configure firefox to our LAN (through which we connect to the internet.)

When I configured my IE, I simply changed the settings in my Internet PROPERTIES>CONNECTIONS>LAN SETTINGS, and checked the box that said use Proxy server for LAN. I was given a proxy address and port number.

how do I configure Firefox using the same things from IE? Before I added the proxy address and port, my IE didn't work, too. Now it works just fine- so how can I configure firefox for our proxy?

Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Tools - Options... - Advanced - Network tab - Settings...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/713992