1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configure Switchable Graphics

Discussion in 'Games' started by Auxilium, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auxilium

Auxilium Thread Starter

So....I have an AMD 7670M and Intel HD 4000 on my laptop, now I want to run payday so I would normally open AMD's Configure Switchable Graphics (CSG as abbrev from here on) and select PAYDAY 2 for "High Performance" and hit apply and be on my way...

But now, everytime I open CSG, all it does it open Catalyst Control Center and only displays the "Advanced Display Settings" with 2 options asking to detect manually or automatically everytime I open CCC, this has absolutely nothing to do with switching to a different graphics card. It was fine yesterday but I turned off PC last night and woke up today with this issue, I tried a system restore which didn't do anything...so I'm kind of stuck...

I no longer have the ability to apply my dedicated card to my games....

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I even installed an older version of CCC dated in Aug 2012 (which was one I've rolled back to before) and I still have no option to switch cards.

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Were you using a graphics driver from your PC manufacturer before? The base catalyst may not include this feature.
    On most dual systems I've read about there was no way to choose, the system would just do it as needed.

Do you have any other higher end games installed? do you notice any performance loss now?

You can always poke around the PC manufacturer site and see if they have a graphics driver for ya.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice