1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configured dual RAID 0 on eVGA 790i mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squeezin, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeezin

squeezin Thread Starter

Hi, im planning an upgrade soon on my computer because i got some extra parts to do so with. Basically throwing my current hardware in a new case with some spare things im came across.
    I have a eVGA 790i motherboard that im going to use for my new build. Now, currently im running RAID 0 on my ASUS p5b deluxe mobo. I use that for just my OS, and have a third drive thats not raided and use it simply for storage and backups.

I also plan on running RAID 0 on my new system...but i want to throw a fourth drive in and create two pairs of RAID 0 drives. (two drives raided for my OS, and two drives raided for my storage).

Basically im trying to find out if this can be done??? My mobo supports all raid sets...and all six SATA ports are raid capable....but i dont know if it can do a dual raid like im thinking

Secondly, I also use acronis Treu Image for my OS backups, and frequently restore my OS to my "preffered setup of XP Pro" These images usually get stored on my storage drive(s)...which will possibly soon be raided also. :rolleyes:

Does anyone see issues with this??? Like not being able to access the raided storage drives and what not?? Losing data is not a concern at all...i backup to another network computer and also and external drive....so thats not a issue. Just trying to see what i might be getting myself into before i find myself formatting and re-raiding numerous times only to find out its not worth it.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for reading

2. squeezin

squeezin Thread Starter

3. squeezin

squeezin Thread Starter

mmm, one last bump

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice