1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configuring email accounts to Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fjones93, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fjones93

fjones93 Thread Starter

I'm trying to configure all my email accounts (webbased/and regular) to microsoft outlook, however, I am having problems linking the hotmail accounts to it. I know there is a tab that you can click and it will link the email to your outlook but when I click send/receive it checks all the other accounts and gives me an error message for the hotmail accounts.

Can someone help me out?

2. Shamou

Shamou

This works for Outlook Express... see if it could work for Microsoft Outlook;

In OE, click on Tools/Accounts, select your email account and click Properties. On the general tab you can enter the ReplyTo email address. Click Apply & OK.

Hope it helps...

Shamou

3. fjones93

fjones93 Thread Starter

The error message I get is this....

Any suggestions?

Task 'jay_shaw: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'
    Task 'shawze: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'
    Task 'SMU - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.'
    Task 'pop3.hotmail.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.'
    Task 'shawze - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCCF6'

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Since September 2004 Hotmail does not apparently support access from Outlook etc unless it was in service at the time or is a paid subscription (not free).

Also I am not sure that Outlook supports more than one http account per profile, but that may depend on the Outlook version (which is unstated). It certainly was the case for Outlook 2002.

5. fjones93

fjones93 Thread Starter

It is Outlook 2003 XP - so basically this will not work with hotmail?

Is there anyway to get around this at all?

Would it work with outlook express

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice