1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

configuring modules

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by PChat, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PChat

PChat Thread Starter

My newly installed investment software displays this box when I try and enter it. "No offline entitlements have been established - configure modules for offline use while on line". I use Netscape, but can also use explorer. I have a firewall, but disable it when I try the program. The company professes not to know how to fix the problem. Thank you for your help

2. Rockn

Rockn

Entitlements come from the exchange where your quote feed is coming from. If you don't have the entitlements through your broker dealer you will never get the data. Can u tell I used to work for a Day Trading firm....LOL
    What is the software package you are trying to use?

3. PChat

PChat Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your reply. Southwest Securities, Dallas Texas,executes my trades and monitors my account. Any more ideas?

4. Rockn

Rockn

You never stated what the software was....TradCast...Cybertrader..ABN...More information please. And where is your quote feed from?

I thought Southwest was just the clearing firm.

5. PChat

PChat Thread Starter

Thanks for hanging in there with me. The software is Comprehensive Software systems. My broker seemed mystified by the "quote feed" question. Wouldn't Southwest be getting their quotes from NYSE and Nasdaq? My guy saya he has ten clients using the program successfully (Murphy's law at work again). I appreciate your help, but don't want to impose on you anymore than I have.

6. Rockn

Rockn

Your broker isn't much of a broker if he doesn't knwo what a quote feed is. That is where you get the exchange inforamtion from in real time. There are quote feeds like PC Quote, etc. I believe you need entitlements through your BD to receive the quotes or news through the software you are using. If all the entitlements issued to the BD are used by clients anyone else using the feed will be denied access.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice