1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configuring RAID 1?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sheepdisease, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheepdisease

Sheepdisease Thread Starter

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz 1066MHz FSB Socket 775 Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP AiLifestyle Series P35 Socket 775 Socket eSATA 8 channel Audio ATX Motherboard RAM: Corsair TwinX 2x2GB DDR2 Storage: 3 x Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII Hard Drive 16MB Cache - OEM Graphics card(s): BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out HDCP enabled PCI-E Graphics Card PSU: Corsair HX Series 620W Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFC Case: Kandalf LCS Monitor(s): Samsung 22" LE22S86BDX HD Ready Freeview Widescreen LCD TV
    Hello, when I built my computer I planned to have a Rad 1 configuration.

I purchased three 500GB Sata Spinpoint drives, planning to have Windows installed on one, My Documents and Programs on the second (with two partitions) and then the third drive to backup My Documents and Programs. Unfortunately I never got around to actually setting it up and configuring it properly.

I would like to know how I would go about setting up this configration now so that I do not have to use any special programs to backup my data.

I also have a 250GB Western Digital MyBook External Hard Drive that I use to backup my documents as well, is there a way to backup My Documents to two sources simaltaniously using a raid configuration?

If anyone knows or has any advice, I would be extremely grateful to receive it.

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice