1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Configuring sytsem to print via wireless modem/router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by afisc2910, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. afisc2910

afisc2910 Thread Starter

Since receiving a new AT&T 2 wire router, I am unable to print documents from my Dell laptop (Vista) through the router. When I check the control panel/printers, I see the documents with an error on the first document.

Any suggestion on what to look at for root cause?:mad:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Where are the documents going after going through the router? How about telling us the total picture?

3. afisc2910

afisc2910 Thread Starter

Attached to the 2 wire modem is an HP desktop and occasionally the Dell laptop. Attached to the desktop is a Epson CX9400 all in one printer.

Prior to receiving the new 2 wire we had the ability to print documents from the laptop while in a wireless mode. The laptop has never been physically attached to the printer.

4. decz

decz

Sounds like the new router may have changed your ip scheme.

Have you confirmed the desktop can still print to its attached printer? Can you browse to the desktop from the laptop (Start>Run>\\desktop_computer_name_here)?
    Have you confirmed the desktop and laptop are on the same IP scheme (Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig)?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd start by disabling all the firewalls, my guess is a firewall is configured for the old subnet and is blocking the print requests.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/889682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice