1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Conflict 1" file name on save

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by gurutech, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

I have a client who is using a single Mac computer with an external USB Drobo device for saving files.

She is having issues saving files, where opening a file and making changes, then saving it again, will add "Conflict 1" to the file name. I checked permissions, and "fixed" them, and this seemed to work for a while, but the issue is happening again.

I've checked Apple forums, as well as Drobo support, but can't find anything related to this specific issue. The files she is saving are all MS Word or Excel (2011) files. Can someone help?

2. Headrush

Headrush

Which exact Drobo model and what filesystem?

If I remember correcting I believe the Drobo does file block management features itself and the issue is likely less OS X related and more with the Drobo itself.

Adding Conflict # to a file name is something I have never seen or heard of OS X doing before either.

What version of OS X?
    I ask because I wonder if it is an issue with OS X's new versioning system and the Drobo.
    If she manually saves with a different filename are there ever any issues?

3. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

Haven't tried saving as a different file name. Will try that. The Drobo box is the 5D (USB version) with 2 drives installed. Connects directly to the Mac with a USB cable. Not sure on the file system, but since it's connected to the Mac, I would assume HFS or HFS+.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice