1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conflict after HD implant in new (used) laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1954McReynolds, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1954McReynolds

1954McReynolds Thread Starter

Just purchased an IBM T23 1.2 Ghz laptop, without a HD and have transplanted a HD from another T23 1.2 Ghz. The newly acquired laptop only had 256 of ram, so I swaped the 512 of ram from previous system into the newly acquired and inserted the HD. Hd has XP Pro installed.

The system boots up and runs, but shortly thereafter will freeze. Appears to be a conflict (or conflicts) - probably easily solved, but I'm hesitant to make changed without direction.

My error message screen appears as follows: (took a pix, but can't seem to post it)

ERROR
    Resource Conflict - PCI on Motherboard
    Bus: 00, Device: 1F, Function: 05
    ERROR
    Resource Conflict - PCI on Motherboard
    Bus:02, Device:00, Function:00
    ERROR
    Resouce Conflict - PCI in slot 01
    Bus:02, Device:02, Fucntion:00
    ERROR
    Resource Conflict - Allocation error static mode # 03
    ERROR
    Resource Conflict - Allocation error static mode # 0B

Press <F1> to Setup

Can anyone suggest the proper cure for "what ails me"?

Thanks, DW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice