conflict I/O ports:2f8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lostnpcworld

Please help... I have and older computer someone gave me, I thought I would put in my daughters room. I plug it in and keep getting this message conflict I/O ports: 2f8.... Can anyone give me any idea on what this means and how to fix it.

Welcome to TSG!

02f8 is the default setting for com port 2. Do you have anything on com2 such as a serial mouse, modem etc... Go to start, settings, control panel, system and see if you have any yellow exclamation points on any of the devices.

Let us know

lostnpcworld

This computer was formatted before I got it, they had taken off win95 and was trying to install win98. This person told me that they were trying to swap out some parts with another pc an screwed thing up.. I have taken the pc and put it back together and was going to re-install win98, and keep getting this same message. I don't know of a way of checking to see if there is something on com-port 2... The computer will start it's boot process and come to this message on stop.. HELP PLEASE???

Hi lostnpcworld

Check and see if you have anything plugged into the serial ports in the back of the computer. If not go into the systems bios (setup) when you power on and disable the com1 and com2 ports.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Email from poster:

Yes.

Ok, in the bios setup, is the floppy drive the first boot device?

What type of files are on the floppy disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online