1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

conflict with ip address of linksys router - Filezilla

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cpitard, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpitard

cpitard Thread Starter

I am unable to use Filezilla to log into my server. When I run the test facility, it shows a conflict with 192.168.1.1 (the ip address of my Linksys router and my actual address 138....

I beieve this is because of the firewall in the router. Can I (should I) turn off the router's firewall. Any suggestions?

(I must run the router in PPOE mode because Bellsouth requires a Westell modem which only will run through PPOE)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice