1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

conflict with multimeadia audio controller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ironking, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ironking

ironking Thread Starter

please i need help
    i have win xp and have a yellow mark on other devices and on multimedia audio controller and when i reboot it finds new hardware but it wont install i have no disk,
    what can i do??

sammy
    :cool:

2. stevecook

stevecook

Go through the reinstall drivers wizard and let it search Windows Update when it asks.

3. matt_aj

matt_aj

Better to find out what kind of sound card you have. If it is onboard, you can go to the manufacturers website and look for it. If its something like a Dell, you can go to there site, put in your tag number, and they will tell you which one you have and let you download it from there. If it is a seperate card, you will have to pull it (shut it down first) and look to see if you can see a model number on the card. Then you can look it up on the manufacturers website.

Windows Updates works sometimes, but often not. If WU doesn't find anything, you'll have to find out what card you have and download it from the manufacturer.

4. GyverX

GyverX

If you cant find the model of the card, on the card, look for what the largest chip says on it. You might be able to find drivers for the chip set of the card and not just the manufactured drivers for the card. In any case, Why not post what the chip says, in this thread and that will help out alot with tring to find your answer to your problem

5. matt_aj

matt_aj

Good point. If you can find out what chipset it is, often times you can get a newer driver from the chipset manufacturer than the actual card manufacter, or motherboard manufacturer (if it onboard). Post all the info you can find on the card itself, or if its onboard, the type of motherboard or system you have.

Like Gyver said, the info we know, the better we can help.

6. ironking

ironking Thread Starter

:eek: I HOPE THIS IS THE INFO YOU NEED

cpu andathlon tm 64
    motherboard chipset 1002 5950 rev 10
    system memory 1022
    os version microsoft win xp pro
    direct x version 9.0 c
    sound blaster aodigy 4

please help resolve this issue
    ty
    sammy

7. matt_aj

matt_aj

You'll have to go to Creative's website and get the audigy drivers. http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ Click on Sound Blaster, Audigy 4, audigy 4... or audigy 4 pro if you have it. That should give you the right drivers. Install that and lemme know what you get.

8. ironking

ironking Thread Starter

hi,
    did what you asked with no success do you have any other suggestions?

ty
    sam:(

9. stevecook

stevecook

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice