1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Conflicting drivers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lyn Patterson, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lyn Patterson

Lyn Patterson Thread Starter

Windows 98SE 2GHz 256RAM 40GbHD

Windows System files contain two videocard drivers: S3 (version 4.10.1686) and S3_8M (S3 ProSavage DDR Twister Driver - version 4.13.01.3070-13.00.69).

Device manager lists only the ProSavage.

Is the earlier one left over from my old system after a recent upgrade or should they both be there?

2. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

Device Manager is listing only one display adapter so u r hardwr listing is okay. Could be the 4.13 ver is a build on the 4.10 older version. If ur not experiencing any operational problems I would leav it alone. Generally not a good idea to delete system files in the Windows Systm folder, even if u suspect they r not needed.

3. Lyn Patterson

Lyn Patterson Thread Starter

Rusty1952

Computer works just fine EXCEPT when I try to re-install GoBack - it opens in safe mode only and the Device Manager shows the old version of the video driver and not the new. It takes several go rounds of removing the old and re-booting before Windows finally finds the new version and boots properly. Which is why I wondered .....

4. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

Lyn,

I am not real familiar w/Go Back. I used it once on a Compaq PC and not for very long cuz din't seem to play very well w/ the System Restore feature that Compaq incorporates into their pc's.

Wish I could help ya a little more on that; but I am sure someone else here who will be more familiar w/ GoBack will post a reply here to ur concern shortly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice