1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

confused about SLI, I NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by confusedpcguy, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confusedpcguy

confusedpcguy Thread Starter

Motherboard: asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
    Gpu: EVGA nvidia gtx 760 sc 4gb
    Gpu: EVGA nvidia gtx 760 sc 4gb
    Cpu: AMD fx 9590
    Ram: ADATA xpg v2 2400 8gb (x4)
    System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Alright so I've had one 760 for goin on two years with the goal of getting a 780ti. That didn't happen because I'm broke the majority of the time...so recently I got offered a good deal on another 760. I bought it with the plan to SLI them. And this is where my trouble begins.

So I initially tried to install by just sliding the new card in and placong the bridge on both sides. Keeping my little 1gb 520 in that I use to run a side monitor. This did not work, the enable SLI option was no available. So I assumed if I clean installed my drivers this would solve the issue. It did not.

I removed the 520 and my wireless card leaving only the two 760s in. Same thing. Clean installed again, no good.

Tried shuffling PCIE slots. Also no good after every possible combination.

I tried both bridge connections on the cards and also visually inspected the connectors for damage. Both were fine.

My system recognizes the cards, they both function fine independently but will not SLI.

What am I doing wrong!? Help!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice