Confused about what's needed to live stream

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChancyTar

New to this forum, not sure if I'm posting in the correct sub-forum ... very newbie to all this live stream stuff ... clueless about the questions to ask and things needed, despite having roamed many internet sites with suggestions and explanation. Will so appreciate direction!

I have:
Lenovo W530. Has 16 GB RAM, runs Windowx 7 Enterprise. Don't know what it has to have to allow me to live stream or how to find the relevant specs.
Sony DSC-H20, and
Sony HDR-UX10

Yes, all old. :(
Is there a way for me to live stream video? By this I mean, I'd like to either wear a camera (yes would have to get a new one, I assume), or have a camera on a tripod, and film something I'm doing, that (A) I can capture on video, and/or (B) simultaneously show live to viewers.

The best website I've found that ought to be helpful, if I could navigate the issues and technical requirements, is http://www.powpark.com/blog/streaming/2014/01/24/connecting-a-camera-and-capturing-live-video-feed

To be as helpful as I know how, I've tried to focus the questions via this list:
  1. The right camera (not sure of the minimum specs required).
  2. A wire from the camera to the laptop? (I do not have a wireless network - prefer the faster wired.) Name of wire?
  3. Connectors on the above wire? They should match to my laptop connectors. I have four USB 2.0s, and one with the tinier cellphone like shape, and one larger than a USB that has 10 holes in 3 rows (offset), in a rounded Isosceles Trapezoid shape (longest side about 3/4 inch). Also one that looks like a USB but doesn't have the same insides (to my eye).
  4. The right card in my laptop
  5. If I use Youtube live stream, I need encoding software, but when I look at these options I'm lost - they are either not appicable (re: games) or very expensive (expected or too much?) : https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?hl=en&pageId=115651513876003417413.
Many thanks for suggestions.

Oddba11

Jim
1-3 are all part of the camera. You can stream with any camera. The camera will come with the cable needed, and as this is computer related, it will be USB.
4 - a card isn't needed, the camera connects via USB
5 - software will vary based on what you are trying to do (ie: your audience). If you are simply wanting to upload videos to YouTube for example, you wouldn't be streaming. You would simply record, edit, and upload.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online