1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

confused learner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pomp, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pomp

pomp Thread Starter

I have a Packard Bell 6070 and I would like to know whether either an internal or external hard drive would be option:

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

option for what?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I'm sure you could add either or replace the existing internal one with a bigger drive. I guess our question is what is the intended use or reason for the hard drive? That may determine the best solution.

Also if you could provide some hardware details about the PB 6070, as its hard to find any good information on it, that would help. If you go external you'd want USB 2.0 ports, with USB 1.1 ports it would be slow.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

A USB 2.0 card can be inexpensively added if you only have USB 1.1 ports.

5. pomp

pomp Thread Starter

thank you for your reply.I really only use my computer for games storing music & pictures ,and I was hoping to speed it up a bit when playing games ,I have seen various internal and external hard drives advertised, so I just want some advice as to which way to go.I have found this in my general properties I hope it helps : AMD ATHLON XP2800+ 2.08GHZ 1.25GB of RAM .

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Unless you are critically low on hard drive space, adding another hard drive will not improve performance. What video card do you have? Go to Start -> Run -> type DXDIAG and press ENTER. you should see the DirectX utility pop up. It should give you can option to save a log file, please do that and then either attach the file to your next post or copy and paste th results into your next post.

7. pomp

pomp Thread Starter

thank you for your time and patience here is the information you asked for I hope

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I think you forget to post what you had intended to post :)

9. pomp

pomp Thread Starter

OK I think I have sent the attatchment now

Attached Files:

10. dez_666

dez_666

I am going to assume you want a drive for portability, because with 45gb of free disk space, you dont need an internal drive. =]

If you're going to get an external, make sure you get a PCI card with an external SATA port, or a USB2.0 PCI card. :D

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I think the computer would have built-in USB 2.0 ports based on the specs.

12. pomp

pomp Thread Starter

Thank you for all your help that's exactly what i wanted to know

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice