1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

confused need help...PLEASE

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cronk, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cronk

cronk Thread Starter

hi guys,

ive asked around a few places but noone seems to want to help. ild apprecate it if you guys could.

The past week or so my computer has been acting weird, freezing up all of a sudden, going slower then usual and my hard disk space kept going down and down, it went down about 10GBs in a week, and i didnt even download or install anything! ive tried a whole heap of spyware removal thingies and all that jazz but they ethier dont find anything or only find minor risks with tracking cookies.

i run norton 360 and that didnt find anything ethier. Well after getting no help elsewhere i decided to reformat the computer back to its orignal factory purchased state. now that ive done that, i went and ticked the "show hidden files" and on the desktop was 2 .INI files.

They had the following in a notepad:

[.ShellClassInfo]
    [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
    IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

and

[.ShellClassInfo]
    [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

i deleted these files as i searched them on google and read that they are no good. the computer seems to be running ok and my hard disk space is back to around 281gbs (havent re-installed norton yet). But i scan with hijackthis and it has a few things that look suspicious.

also everytime i open IE it asks norton internet security askes me if i want to allow or disallow adobe flash, and it keeps asking and asking!

ill post my log and hope someone can help tell me what to do!!!

thank you

Attached Files:

2. cronk

cronk Thread Starter

sorry dont mean to "bump" but alot of people seem to get help yet i havent had any replies. can anyone read my log and tell me whats up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/660196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice