1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

??:confused:PLZ LAPTOP MOTHERBOARDS UPGRADEABLE????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daze420, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daze420

daze420 Thread Starter

:confused: I have a presario 700 laptop . I have a crap video card :)(VIA ProSavage KN133-16 MB :( ). I know that in laptops have the video card intergrated into the motherboard. What i want to know is can i upgrade the motherboard even if the motherboard just has a better video card incorperated in it? i know iv seen motherboards with nice video cards in them on a desktop but i dont know if i can get it for a laptop plz help if there is anyway i can get a way better video quality without buying a new computer????????? (hint i have a 100$ limit) all i need is better video other than that it is a good gaming comp. THX :D also if i can get a new motherboard can i just go to any computer repair shop to get it installed or do i have to go to a spacific place just for laptops? Here is a list of my comps specs THX :D

Main Specs
    Product Description:Compaq Presario 700 - Duron 996 MHz - 14.1" TFT
    Recommended Use: Home use, small business
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 31.5 cm x 26.9 cm x 4.2 cm
    Weight: 3 kg
    System Type: Notebook
    Processor: AMD Duron 996 MHz
    Cache Memory: 64 KB - L2 Cache - Pipeline Burst
    RAM: 256MB (installed) / 384 MB (max) - SDRAM - 133 MHz
    Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy - integrated
    Hard Drive: 1 x 20 GB
    Optical Storage: DVD-ROM - integrated
    Display : 14.1" TFT active matrix - 24-bit (16.7M colours)
    Graphics Controller: VIA ProSavage KN133 - 16 MB
    Audio Output: Sound card

2. daze420

daze420 Thread Starter

:)This is a continuation on the last one i did PLZ i play games on my presario 700 (see my last thread "can u upgrade a laptops motherboard??" to see the specs on my comp) diablo warcraft ect.. and they play kind of crappy and even the new games commin out now and in the future dont even play on this card!! and i know that the video cards cant be upgraded alone becuase they are intergrated into the motherboard (to save space) but cant i just get a hole new motherboard with just a higher video chip in it like 120GB and if so where is a good site to go to for them??and last but not least can i just go to any computer repair place for it to be installed???:confused:I NEED ANYWAY TO GET MY VIDEO SMOOTHNESS AND QUALITY ALOT HIGHER WITHOUT GETTING A HOLE NEW COMPUTER PLZ HELP!!

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Laptop "motherboards" are specific to each model of laptop.

There is no generic source of motherboards that fit any or all laptops, as each are different as to port placement, screen interface and physical size.

Therefore unless your exact model of laptop originally came in several options of processor and video performance (not considered likely) the answer is no.

The cost would be prohibitive anyway, as any replacement motherboard would be as a "spare part" at very high cost due to stocking charges.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Just starting a new thread does not change the answer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice