1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Confused

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xtreampb, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtreampb

xtreampb Thread Starter

ok guys i need some input

i was fixing a comp that the HDD lost the OS apprently

i fdisk the HD (installing win 98 SE) and when i went to use the disk wouldnt reconize the cd drive

i changed the drive same thing
    i went to the command prompt and could not acces the drive (invald drive or somthing like that)
    i piggied backed the drive on the HDD and same error. so i contuined with the install (boot with cd-rom support) and it worked fine.

i had to leave it be untill monday b/c it is a skool comp but should i worry

i am thinking the seccondarry controller failed but that is not it b/c it would recconize in the BIOS and at post..

WTF is going on:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. idowindows

idowindows

I take it the cd rom drive is config'd to either slave or master (jumpers) according to how you connect it?

3. xtreampb

xtreampb Thread Starter

it is set as slave and the HDD is set as master

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!