1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Confusion with Microsoft Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chredge, Jan 5, 2019.

1. chredge

chredge Thread Starter

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I no longer use my installed version of Outlook on my PC and I want to use Outlook online through my Microsoft account. Thing is, I have tried sending emails to myself from my online account (just to see if the emails work) but i never receive them. When I compose an email through Outlook online, the 'from field' is already completed with my email address so I would assume that this email address is the one where emails are sent from.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm totally confused by it all! How would I see what email address my Microsoft account is using to send emails from?

Not sure where to start with all this - old/confused :)

Many thanks.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

When you use a browser (such as Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or Google Chrome, etc.), to go to "http://www.Outlook.com" on the internet and send an email, your email address would probably end with "@outlook.com".

When you send an email from the Outlook program on your computer, more than likely it will be from some other email address.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice