1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect a Win 98 pc to wireless network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by robthommo, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robthommo

robthommo Thread Starter

Currently running compaq presario desktop pc (xp Athlon 2600+, 1024meg ram) and a compaq note book on a ethernet and wireless home network

The desktop is connnected to the net via netcomm 1300 adsl modem router and msi rg54gs wireless router. The connection to the router for the desk top is via ethernet from the msi wireless router. The compaq notebook (running xp) is configured and working.

I have also purchased a MSI PCI wireless card (pc54g2) and installed it and drivers on an old clunker Pentium 450 running win98 SE. I am now trying to connect this pc on to my home network via a wireless connection and I have no idea where to start.

Can it be done?

Any help would be appreciated

2. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

[tsg=welcome]To TSG![/tsg]
    Yes, I should be able to be done with 98SE.

There should be a configuration utility for the card you installed the drivers for. First look in your start menu for the added entry, if not there...then open your control panel and then network for the card itself (properties) :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/387618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice