1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect android to windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ayushp4, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Ayushp4

Ayushp4 Thread Starter

I want to connect an Android phone named lyf earth 1 to windows XP is it possible??? I want to use it as MTP / share files from internal storage with usb usb cable.
    if this is not possible can you suggest me another way by which I can share files from internal storage to windows XP ...

Don't suggest WiFi because I don't have it ...

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Best advice, try it and post back if it works.

I plugged my Samsung into an old XP computer not connected to the internet and it was recognized as an MTP device. I could see the folders but I saw nothing in the folders. When I opened DCIM then camera, I saw no pictures.

Since I have no need to connect my phone to an old XP computer (we have four working Win 7 computers in the house), I'm not going to spend time looking for the problem.

I have a flash drive where one side is a micro USB port and the other is a USB port.
    USB-microUSB.jpg
    You might see if something like that works.

If I have time later today, I'll see if that works.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I plugged my dual connector USB drive into my phone. It is recognized but the only option I have is to move media files to the device. Since I don't have any media files, that didn't help.
    I created a folder for pictures but I saw no way to move or copy my pictures to the USB stick.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ayushp4

Ayushp4 Thread Starter

Bro I have to move it from internal storage to windows XP pc... And copying to memory card and then copying to pc is very time taking method...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice