1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect Branch Office Via VPN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by eduardo, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eduardo

eduardo Thread Starter

Hi

I want to connect my main office with 5 branch offices, all branches have windows 2000 or 2003 server, wich would be the best way (and economic) to do this...

-Via Sofware (ISA Server or Windows) or
    -Via Hardware ($$$)

What would be the mains problems of doing it via software???

2. redcivic

redcivic

The way I do it for a chain of doctors offices is through linksys VPN routers. Yes there are better ways, but we run a practice management software on a unix server using an emulation software so we don't send and recieve a lot of data. But the linksys VPN routers also use netbios so the machine son the other end are in your network neighborhood. It just depends on what you need to do over that VPN connection. Oh, and you need a static WAN IP address from your ISP at the main location.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/378844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice