1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connect icon dissappears

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kw7w, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kw7w

kw7w Thread Starter

Just recently, and I have made no changes to my software or hardware, the connect icon (two monitors) just dissappears from the task bar. When this happens, I am unable to disconnect from the internet, even though I close IE6. What am I doing wrong, and is there a fix for it?
    Thanks ....Ron

2. Del

Del

What operating system are you using?
    Is it there when you first connect then disappears later?
    If you reboot is all well again for awhile?

If you have a partial system crash the icons can go away, even thou you are still online. You system should crash that much though.

3. kw7w

kw7w Thread Starter

I am using Windows ME. It appears at the outset when I first connect, but then will disappear. This is intermittent, and not every time I am connected to the net. My system has not crashed for some time now, lucky I guess.

4. Del

Del

When this happens, it's not like a complete crash, but a minor one. I've had it happen to me before on two different computers. Not often but it's a minor crash that affects the activity tray where the icon is.
    You can always hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete one time and end task on your connection to disconnect.

5. kw7w

kw7w Thread Starter

Thanks Del, I really appreciate your help. Will try to do as you say, and go from there. Thanks again for all your help.
    ron

6. Del

Del

Thanks Ron,
    Have a great day.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice