connect icon dissappears

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kw7w

Just recently, and I have made no changes to my software or hardware, the connect icon (two monitors) just dissappears from the task bar. When this happens, I am unable to disconnect from the internet, even though I close IE6. What am I doing wrong, and is there a fix for it?
Thanks ....Ron

Del

What operating system are you using?
Is it there when you first connect then disappears later?
If you reboot is all well again for awhile?

If you have a partial system crash the icons can go away, even thou you are still online. You system should crash that much though.

kw7w

I am using Windows ME. It appears at the outset when I first connect, but then will disappear. This is intermittent, and not every time I am connected to the net. My system has not crashed for some time now, lucky I guess.

Del

When this happens, it's not like a complete crash, but a minor one. I've had it happen to me before on two different computers. Not often but it's a minor crash that affects the activity tray where the icon is.
You can always hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete one time and end task on your connection to disconnect.

kw7w

Thanks Del, I really appreciate your help. Will try to do as you say, and go from there. Thanks again for all your help.
ron

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts