1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect PC to HDTV

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Anthos, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Anthos

Anthos Thread Starter

hi all, im new on here so pls bare with me. I bought a SVGA cable so i could attach my tower, which has a nvidia6600 gt graphics card,to my 42" lg hdtv. When the pc loads up the "windows loading" screen appears but it never gets to the password screen so i can log on, the screen just goes blank, and no lights appear on my keyboard either. I tried to see if it would work in "safe mode", and it did, i could log in and look through the items on my desktop etc. So i tried to load up in normal mode again, and still i couldnt get to the password screen. Any suggestions? Thankyou.:confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. I've created a new thread for your issue here. Thanks for your cooperation.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It sounds like your HDTV supports Safe Mode video resolution and timing but not whatever you have set for "Normal" mode. Check the documentation for your HDTV to find out what computer video modes (resolution and frequencies) it supports. Then, while in safe mode, try setting the display properties of the video controller to match the documented settings. If the settings do not appear in the list of choices, you may need to check if your HDTV came with a disc with PC drivers for it or if you can download from the manufacturer's web site.

Recent versions of Windows should give you the option to experiment with the different settings. If you try a new setting you should get 15 seconds to accept it. If you do not like them or the screen goes blank, the display should automatically go back to the previous setting.

4. Anthos

Anthos Thread Starter

I tried taking a monitor into the same room as the tv to try logging on using the monitor, and then swapping leads so i was connected to the tv. It worked. So, my only problem is, the login screen. Everything, inc gaming, works perfectly but, i dont want to have to use a monitor to logon everytime! Any ideas? thankyou!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!