Connect to another machine using remote desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pc_doctor

Hi,

I dont think there is away for this, but can you connect to another machine that can still be used, but under a different setting on Windows XP Pro, like you can with Windows Servers?

Do you mean run two users at once? one for the local user and one for the remote user so that both can use the same machine at the same time? or did you ask about remote access software?

cause Remote Administrator 2.1 is probably the best (under 3mb) remote admin software i've ever used.

pc_doctor

I meant one for the local user and one for the remote user so that both can use the same machine at the same time on windows XP Pro. Is there away?

pc_doctor

So that i can be working on my settings remotely and the local user can be logged on as them.

No, Remote Desktop is something completely different that Terminal Services on the server OS's.

There are some third party remote connection apps: RealVNC, OpenVNC. I'm fairly sure they can offer the functionality you desire, but don't quote me on it.

Brian

THose are remote control programs basically, all you do is access the desktop of the remote PC and the user on the remote has no control over it. Terminal services does this, but they only offer it on servers. You may want to check out Citrix.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online