1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect to another machine using remote desktop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pc_doctor, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

Hi,

I dont think there is away for this, but can you connect to another machine that can still be used, but under a different setting on Windows XP Pro, like you can with Windows Servers?

2. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

3. Sealclubber

Sealclubber

Do you mean run two users at once? one for the local user and one for the remote user so that both can use the same machine at the same time? or did you ask about remote access software?

cause Remote Administrator 2.1 is probably the best (under 3mb) remote admin software i've ever used.

4. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

I meant one for the local user and one for the remote user so that both can use the same machine at the same time on windows XP Pro. Is there away?

5. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

So that i can be working on my settings remotely and the local user can be logged on as them.

6. Rockn

Rockn

No, Remote Desktop is something completely different that Terminal Services on the server OS's.

7. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

Is there any way of doing it then without using remote desktop?

8. pc_doctor

pc_doctor Thread Starter

9. bbaca

bbaca

There are some third party remote connection apps: RealVNC, OpenVNC. I'm fairly sure they can offer the functionality you desire, but don't quote me on it.

Brian

10. Rockn

Rockn

THose are remote control programs basically, all you do is access the desktop of the remote PC and the user on the remote has no control over it. Terminal services does this, but they only offer it on servers. You may want to check out Citrix.

11. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You could try running OpenSSH ontop of Windows.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/373446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice