1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by burnflok, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. burnflok

burnflok Thread Starter

I run xp pro with 3 hard drives, all have been working fine. When I wrote o’s to one of my drives using Eraser to delete
    A lot of video files. When I went to format the hard drive in Computer Management(Local), then Disk Manager, I get
    A message at the bottom of the box that reads ( unable to connect to logical disk manager server). I keep my virus program
    Up to date and ran a virus check to check for errors. I do not want to roll back, but want to get into Disk Manager. This is
    Not my C drive. How do I connect to Logical Disk Manager Service?

2. dai

dai

welcome to the site
    control panel/admin. services/local services
    and check that the disk manager is set to auto

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try going to Start > Run, and typing:
    gpupdate /force /boot

If the machine does not reboot, do it manually.

4. TemporaryUS3R

TemporaryUS3R

I had the same problem with Disk Management, but here's how I fixed it: Went to "Computer Management"
    right clicked My Computer and chose "Manage".
    Then clicked on "Services and Applications" on the left, and under that, "Services"
    and enabled the following services:
    COM+ event system, COM+ system application, Volume Shadow Copy, Logical Disk Manager,
    and Logical Disk Manager Administrative Services, and System Event Notification, it worked peachy.
    I then went to "Disk Management" and was able to perform the functions that I needed to.
    ;)

Hope this helps.
    P.S. those services were disabled on my machine by me because I'm a major tweaker.
    I disabled them again when I was done because I like my pc to be AQAP As Quick As Possible.

5. vagnit21

vagnit21

thx a lot dai !!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/211499