Solved Connect tp link with Belkin AC1900

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Davebhoy1888

I would like to use my TP-Link as an extender by connecting it with my main router Belkin AC1900.
Any idea if and how it can be done ?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome.

Please feel free to keep this thread open if you use either of the methods presented and may have questions or run into problems. If it all works out OK please let us know and mark this topic as being solved.

Davebhoy1888

OK so I managed to work it out.

I reset the tp link by pressing the manual reset button on the box. I then connected using the default ip (192.168.0.1) using admin admin as the password and username.
I switched off the DHCP server and bridged the tp link with my belkin ac1900 in the wireless settings by enabling WDS bridging and surveying for the belkin Mac address. I then set the channel to the same channel as the belkin router
and finally changed the tp links IP address manually in the network/lan settings to 192.168.2.75 which is within the range for the address lease pool for the belkin.
Once that was done the tp link automatically reboots and then I manually rebooted the belkin by connecting to the router using the belkin default IP address ( 192.168.2.1) and then clicking reboot this device.

Both are working fine now, the tp link feeds from the belkin and my office is hardwired into the tp link.

I also have a second belkin router which I might add to the network for better signal upstairs.

Thanks for your help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome and thank you for the very clear explanation of the steps you took to make it work.

I do have a concern about one item.
changed the tp links IP address manually in the network/lan settings to 192.168.2.75 which is within the range for the address lease pool for the belkin.
Everything will work fine until some time in the future when the Belkin DHCP server happens to lease the 192.168.2.75 address to another device. You might want to check and adjust the Belkin's DHCP settings to see if you can get at least one address outside of the lease pool, but within the subnet mask.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online