connect two computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NATTY BONGO

Hi guys. I have a print server. I need to connect two computers to one printer using my print server.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
If you are already networked, I think you should just be able to share the printer on the PC it is connected to.

NATTY BONGO

Thanks for your reply. I am not on a network which mean I would have to purchase a router.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you want to share the Internet, the broadband router is the easiest way to do the job.

Why don't you tell us what configuration you'd like to end up with?

NATTY BONGO

I am starting from scratch. I want to have two other computers sharing or accessing files from one main computer and have all three computers sharing the same printer and also be able to access the internet from any one of those three computers.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
OK, the way to do this is clearly a broadband router. If you already have a print server, just connect it to one of the switch ports on the router. Problem solved! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online