1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connect XP machine to 2 different routers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mopepom, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mopepom

mopepom Thread Starter

My desktop XP is temporarily off-line. It was connected to the Internet via a DSL router, using ethernet cabling. My portable Toshiba Satellite A20, with XP, is currently connected to the Internet through a Netgear router to a satellite internet provider via a dish. this works fine, except when we have snow or ice, which happens often in Canada.

I would like to connect both the DSL router and the satellite router to the A20, so that I can share printers and other devices with my iPad (on the DSL LAN). i want to avoid any major changes to my configuration parameters, so that I can return to the status quo ante, when my desktop is returned soon.

Advice would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice