1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connected but extremely slow connection speed...Help!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by h3ng, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. h3ng

h3ng Thread Starter

Recently my connection speed has been slower n slower....sometimes it is slow until cant do anything....i try to clean up my laptop from spyware n virus but the problem continues...Anybody knows about this problem n can help me with this???

2. bobJR

bobJR

the only thing i can tell you to do is check your connections and then call your provider

3. h3ng

h3ng Thread Starter

So it is not the system which cause the connection speed to be slow??? Or it is the hardware problem???

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Why don't you start by telling us the make/model of the modem and/or router? Also, what is the version and patch level of Windows in use? Finally, what kind of speeds does your ISP promise?

5. h3ng

h3ng Thread Starter

I am using D-Link DSL-500T router...my window is WinXP ver.2002 service pack 2...the standard speed i think is 512 kbps but the speed now is around 56k modem speed...

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Go to www.dslreports.com and run a speed test and a line quality test. Post a link to the results here.

7. h3ng

h3ng Thread Starter

This is the speed test result i taken in this afternoon....End up slower than 56k modem...

Description Filesize (KBytes) Time (sec) KBytes per sec Kbits per sec
    Download Speed 535.93 175.32 3.05 24.4

and...The line quality test result takes a long time...so i will post it later...

8. h3ng

h3ng Thread Starter

Just now then i found out that my connection speed is too slow to do the line quality test...So i can only post the result of the speedtest....
    So what should i do now???

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice