1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connected, No Internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Stinger666, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stinger666

Stinger666 Thread Starter

Hi, as of last week, I changed the IP address with the provider From Dynamic to Static. The moment this was done the internet stopped working. It is connected but there is no data flow. All lights are solid green. Once Wi-Fi is connected it takes you straight to the providers gateway. The provider are absolutely hopeless and have done nothing to help, as from there end it shows connected.

Cheers Matt

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How do you determine this? By some status or log on the modem?

What does that mean? If "it" is accessing the ISP's default gateway computer there must be some data flow. ???

Did you or the ISP configure the router for the static IP address?

3. Stinger666

Stinger666 Thread Starter

I didnt configure anything. I'm assuming it was done at there end. There is data initially, then it cuts out

4. hager

hager

How did you find out? Did you open the browser?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Have you contacted your ISP?
    My ISP doesn't allow me to change the IP that they assign.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Depending on the service you have either the consumer or the ISP changes it.

Is the modem provided by the ISP? What make and model is it, also if you have a router, what make/model is it?
    How many static IPs do you have? If more than one, then chances are the ISP needs to configure your modem.

If you have one, then you would need to configure the IP information in your router.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice