1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connected to router but no internet access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sioux18, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sioux18

sioux18 Thread Starter

I am really hoping someone can help a complete technophobe!

Current set up all worked fine for years (wireless Netgear router, ISP AOL ) until I changed my phone provider to AOL last week. On the day of the switch I lost my internet and have not had it since.

Countless calls to AOL, line checks done and all showing as clear. Technician out today and no internal
    faults found.

The internet light on the router is flashing orange, occassionally turning green but not holding. Router problems have been ruled out. Laptop shows communication with router but there is no internet access.

This can not be a coincidence, I am sure something has gone wrong on the day of the switch since that is when the problem started.

I am in really close range of the exchange and technician said I have good conectivity and wondered if there was a conflict issue somewhere.

Any suggestions.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

As far as I know, AOL doesn't offer telephone service or Internet access.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Pretty sure they still have dial-up internet service, but never heard of them offering phone service.

From here:

4. sioux18

sioux18 Thread Starter

They do offer phone package as well, in fact the phone switched over to them fine and is all up and running no problems but the internet, which was always with them is still not working and amber flashing light remains. Wish I'd never bothered to switch now as its been a week without access

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So you have AOL dial-up internet access with an external modem? If the service immediately stopped working when you changed service packages with them, then they probably removed your Internet access. Call the billing department to find out what you're paying for.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice