1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Connected to Wi-Fi, but no internet access?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ceh71720, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceh71720

ceh71720 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm not a very tech savvy person, so I'm not sure how to fix this. I just got a brand new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 already installed on there. When I was first setting it up, I was not at home, so I used the internet at my friends house which I had no problem connecting to. When I got home, I could connect to my Wi-fi, but it kept saying "No Internet Access". I went to someone else's house later and tried it there (which it did the same thing, but later discovered that McAfee was blocking me from accessing this internet so I uninstalled it and it worked immediately). Thinking the problem was fixed, I returned home, but I am STILL having the same problem again. Please help! I am going to be using this computer for school, and if I can't fix this problem, I am hopeless.

Thanks!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Start > All Apps > Windows Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Click on Windows Firewall Properties in the center, then make sure Domain Profile, Private Profile and Public Prifile outbound is not set to block. They should all say Alllow (Default)

3. ceh71720

ceh71720 Thread Starter

Okay so problem fixed! I had already tried all the firewall stuff and the trouble shooting and network stuff. But none of it was working so I just let my computer install its updates and all of the sudden it was able to ID that my DHCP or something like that was not enabled. Once I enabled it, it worked like a charm! Thank you though!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice